The U.S. Department of Labor website www.worker.gov provides information for employees about protections they have under Federal laws. The website also provides a means for employees to notify the DoL of workplace concerns. Employers may wish to be familiar with this website to (a) make sure they are following Federal employment requirements and (b) be able to anticipate employee requests.
The site identifies the following employee rights and gives detailed information about concerns employees may have. Those rights include:
- The right to be paid properly
- The right to a safe and healthy workspace
- The right to be treated equally
- The right to join with coworkers
- The right to be treated fairly as a veteran or service member
Employers understand the topics found at www.worker.gov.