The U.S. Department of Labor posted tips for online security to reduce the risk of fraud and loss to retirement accounts. The tips are useful for any online personal account information.
- Register, setup and routinely monitor your account;
- Use strong and unique passwords;
- Use multi-factor authentication;
- Keep personal contact information current;
- Close or delete unused accounts;
- Be wary of free WiFi;
- Beware of phishing attacks;
- Use antivirus software and keep apps and software current; and
- Know how to report identity theft and cybersecurity incidents.
The full tip sheet may be accessed by clicking here.