The U.S. Department of Labor offers a free tool for employers to use to understand federal laws that impact health benefit coverage provided by group health plans. The tool, called the Health Benefits Advisor, discusses the following laws:
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act
- Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act
- Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
- Michelle’s Law
The Advisor provides general guidance designed to explain legislation, statues and regulations. It provides a section on each law, a description of the employer obligations set forth in the law, and links to materials that would help in complying with the law.
Click here to learn more.